Latest WWE news: Night of Champions, King unwell
SummerSlam and WrestleMania ripped up the WWE script this year, both events showcasing the very best in sports entertainments, now it’s the turn of Night of Champions and some important news on the health of one of the organization’s greatest living legends.
Firstly, WWE tickets for September’s PPV event Night of Champions are on sale, the show will be hosted at the TD Garden in Boston, a chance for fans to see every wrestling title put on the line.
The confirmed matches are as follows:
- World Heavyweight Championship – Sheamus (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
- WWE Championship – CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena
- Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler
- WWE Tag Team Championship – R-Truth and Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
- United States Championship – Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. ???
- Intercontinental Championship – The Miz (c) vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara
- WWE Divas Championship – Layla (c) vs. Kaitlyn for the
It has not yet been decided which superstar will face Cesaro later in the night, a battle royal has been commissioned with the winner earning a title challenge.
Out of the squared-circle fresh news confirms commentator Jerry “The King” Lawler is in stable but guarded condition following a recent heart attack during a liver Monday Night Raw broadcast.
Lawler’s ex-wife, Stacy Carter, updated her Facebook status to inform fans and well-wishers of her former partner’s state of health, revealing some concern over the possibility of brain damage.
“It took a while to revive him last night, so there’s the concern of brain damage. He had some tests done, which will show how much if any damage there is due to the lack of oxygen to his brain. Unfortunately the results won’t be in until in the morning.”